Clayton D. Harriger, Pastor
Click on Pastor Harriger's name to meet him, his wife, and to access
links to their background and also his messages and commentaries.
Special Happenings at Gipsy
- "Packing Party" at Gipsy Christian Church Hall
- Preparation day will be Wednesday, October 31, starting at 9:00 AM. Bring all items, boxes for the gifts, items to be packed etc. to the church hall. Tables will be arranged by age levels to facilitate the time spent in packing the Operation Christmas Child gift boxes. If you have already packed a box or boxes, bring them to the church hall. We had 82 last year and hope to exceed that amount this year -- can we make it a hundred for 2018?
- Saturday, November 3, will be packing day. Procedure will be to take a box and go to the table that has the basic items for each box and then go to the age level table you want to select for additional items for that boy or girl. A lunch of pulled pork sandwiches and chicken noodle soup made with home made noodles plus beverages will be available. Thanks much for your help and support.
Where in the world are we, anyhow?
Traveling Rt. 286 between the villages of Clymer and Mahaffey in Indiana County, Pennsylvania:Brief Statement of Faith & Conviction:
- you can turn left (if coming north from Clymer) in village of Hillsdale at Post Office -- proceed up hill through horse ranch and keep on main road for about 5 miles -- at stop sign proceed straight about 200 yards -- church is on right side of road.
- if coming from Mahaffey direction you will be coming to the village of Glen Campbell -- continue on Rt. 286 about another 2 miles -- you will come to a sharp turn -- look for green road sign on left side of road which says "Gipsy - 2 miles" -- turn right at sign and continue for 2 miles -- church is on left side of road.
We believe that Jesus Christ meant every word when He said:
- "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father but by me." (John 14:6) as well as many other absolute claims He made concerning Himself coupled with absolute demands made upon us humans such as "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3).
For further reference on Jesus' claims concerning Himself and the radical demands He placed upon us humans, see The Way, The Truth, The Life -- use return feature on your web browser to come back here.
Furthermore, these statements have been confirmed and reflected in the lives of all who have made a positive reponse to this same Jesus by:
- honestly and fully repenting of all known sin in their lives, whether that sin exists in forms of motives, desires, attitudes, words, or actions!
- seriously and intentionally commiting themselves to a life of obedience in following Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of their lives!
- seeking to be regularly involved with others in public worship and fellowship of the church on Sundays, and to faithfully invest time, talent, and treasure (money) with fellow Christians in being obedient to the commission given to us by our Lord Jesus Christ when He said:"All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
Matthew 28:18-20 (NKJV)
What in the World Are We Doing, Anyway?
Making Contact with Us
The church's physical address is 112 Trojan Road in the village of Gipsy.
Pastor Harriger's main web site is at: Circuit Rider's Range
His BLOG is at: Musings of a Maverick!
Word of Caution: It is recommended that you put on a helmet and a flak jacket before you enter Circuit Rider's Range OR Musings of a Maverick! -- also, be sure to fasten your seat belt, because it gets wild at certain points along the way at both places
NOTE: The Official Board of the Gipsy Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) has neither officially endorsed nor approved the content on Circuit Rider's Range or Musings of a Maverick. Members of the Board may or may not be in agreement with stated issues in areas of commentary by Pastor Harriger.